Chan, K. (2009). Introduction to comparative health systems. Global Health Education System. Retrieved from https://www.cugh.org/sites/default/files/34_Introduction_To_Comparative_Health_Care_Systems_FINAL_0.pdf
Saltman, R. B. (2012). The role of comparative health studies for policy learning. Health Economics, Policy, and Law. 7(1). 11-13. Available in the Trident Online Library. PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT!!
Schneider, E. C., Sarnak, D. O., Squires, D., Shar, A., & Doty, M. M. (2017). Mirror, mirror 2017: International comparison reflects flaws and opportunities for better U.S. health care. Commonwealth Fund. Retrieved from: https://interactives.commonwealthfund.org/2017/july/mirror-mirror/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiaT88JOn3AIVhsDACh2rkw2sEAAYASAEEgL9p_D_BwE
Shi, L. (2014). International health policymaking. In Introduction to health policy, pp. 74-96. Chicago: Health Administration Press. Available in the Trident Online Library. PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT
Shi, L. (2014). International health policy issues. In Introduction to health policy, pp. 150-182. Chicago: Health Administration Press. Available in the Trident Online Library. PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT
The World Health Organization (WHO) is instrumental in monitoring the health of people, including special populations, around the world. With input from countries, WHO establishes goals and benchmarks for health goals. PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT
Review the background reading for this module and conduct your own research. After you have done so, write a position paper on the importance of having a global body that monitors health, helps guide international policy, and helps establish country-level benchmarks.
Be sure to cite reliable sources and utilize the reference below for setting up your paper. You must use the outline in the reference below.
Reference: Xavier University Library. (2014). How to write a position paper. Retrieved from http://www.xavier.edu/library/students/documents/position_paper.pdf
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Limit your response to no more than 2 pages, single-spaced.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Support your proposal with a minimum of 3 reliable sources. At least 2 of the sources should be peer-reviewed articles. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- Please use the following resource for evaluating information found on the internet: https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.