Post 1: Initial Post
This posting should be a minimum of one short paragraph and a maximum of two paragraphs. Word totals for this post should be in the 100–200-word range. Whether you agree or disagree, explain why with supporting evidence and concepts from the readings or a related experience. Include a reference, link, or citation when appropriate.
Few topics associated with global trade are more vehemently debated than outsourcing. For this discussion, you will watch two video clips that provide some perspective on outsourcing. Using the information you gain from the videos and the materials you studied in the course module, respond to the discussion question below.
The following video clip is from the film Outsourced. It covers American sentiment on losing jobs to India and the availability of Chinese goods. We want cheap stuff; however, most of it comes from China.
VIDEOS to READ
Select ONE of the following perspectives on outsourcing, and answer the related questions. Although your opinion is always valued, be sure to support your opinion with facts obtained from your course materials, the videos, or a reliable source. Make sure to cite your sources.
- The consumer: Does the consumer benefit? Are prices lowered by outsourcing? Why or why not?
- Efficiency and productivity: Does outsourcing enhance efficiency and productivity? Why or why not?
- Competition: Does outsourcing encourage competition? Is this a good thing? Why or why not?
- Developing countries: Does outsourcing benefit developing countries? Why or why not?
- International stability: Does outsourcing foster international cooperation, respect, and stability? Why or why not?