IT332-6: Differentiate between various computer operating systems.
Quite a variety of operating systems are used in everyday devices and computer systems. The purpose of this assignment is for you to identify the operating systems that are used specifically for each device in order for that device to run efficiently. OS X is specifically designed for an Apple device only. However, Apple desktops have the ability to partition the hard drive, which allows the user to install a flavor of your favorite Windows OS on an Apple machine. This is called Boot Camp, which is a multiboot utility included with Apple systems.
Research on the Internet to determine at least six criteria upon which you will base a comparison of operating systems (examples might be reliability, speed, security). Create a table that lists your criteria as the rows of the table and lists the operating systems as the columns of the table. Operating systems should include Windows, iOS, Android®, OS X, Linux, and Unix. Enter in-depth information on each of the criteria for each operating system. Once your table is complete, write 1–2 paragraphs describing what you feel is the best use for each operating system, and justify what you state based on the facts presented in your table.
Provide a complete list of references below the table, using appropriate APA format.
Make sure the assignment includes:
- A table that has 10 criteria to compare operating systems.
- A table that compares the following operating systems: Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, Linux, and Unix.
- In-depth information for each criterion for each operating system.
- One to two paragraphs below the table that describe the proposed best use for each operating system. This is supported and justified by the information provided in the table.
- A complete list of references at the end of the paper.
Be sure to use the appropriate APA format and cite your textbook or other sources that you used in your paper.
The paper should contain sufficient information to adequately answer the questions and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors. Points deducted from the grade for each writing, spelling, or grammar error are at your instructor’s discretion.