Collaboration is important for successful teachers. Each teacher brings a unique perspective and experience to each situation. A more experienced teacher may be able to point out potential challenges with the plans of a novice teacher and provide insight that might help avoid pitfalls.
For this assignment, you will interview your mentor teacher about their experiences with field trips and share the digital presentation you created for your field trip to solicit feedback.
Ask your mentor the following questions:
- Have you ever taken a group of early childhood students on a field trip? State specific examples of experiences.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of field trips?
- What challenges do field trips present, and how would you deal with them?
- What are the strengths of my proposed field trip?
- What would you change about my proposed field trip?
Spend any remaining field experience hours observing or assisting the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Write a 250-500 word summary of the feedback you received from your mentor, including the changes you would make to your plan.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.