Completing this assignment will help you identify the skills and abilities that will move your career forward. You will develop a job application cover letter. For this assignment, you may present yourself as a recent graduate if needed.
- Find a specific job opening posted online within the last nine months.
- Write a cover letter as though you are applying for the position. Highlight and emphasize why you are the most suitable candidate for the position.
- Complete the cover letter on page 1 of the submission; include a working link to the job post on page 2.
The job letter or application message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Highlight relevant background and job history information specific to the opening.
- Emphasize significant qualifications and exclude nonessential information.
- Follow proper letter formatting techniques per business letter format.
- Use an appropriate and professional greeting and closing.
- Use professional language.
- Develop concise, effective paragraphs with six or seven sentences, if possible.
- Make sure there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Eliminate wordiness and unclear sentence construction.